Saturday, August 20, 2011

A New Historical From Abbey MacInnis For Only 99 Cents

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating a new historical romance adventure from Abbey MacInnis.

Abbey MacInnis is a published author of Contemporary Western romance. Along with Contemporary, she writes Historical, Paranormal and erotic romance. Whether she’s being swept off her feet by a Medieval knight, regency rake, or cowboy or cop, her heroes are always strong men who’ll love their women unconditionally.

On most days, Abbey can be found at her computer, penning her latest tale. A tale where love, respect, and passion combine to create a satisfying and happy ending. Guaranteed. She invites you to step in to the pages of her romances, to leave your worries behind and get swept up in her world.

WEBSITE *** FACEBOOK *** TWITTER

HIS FIFTH AVENUE THIEF by Abbey MacInnis

Two years prior, Irishman Aaron O'Connel took his life from rags to riches. Chance and wits have kept him alive in 1850'S New York City. But no amount of money or success can bring his love Cathlene back from the dead. When a thief sneaks her way into his mansion, the last woman he expects to find absconding with his belongings is his long lost wife.

Abandoned on New York's shores, a widowed, penniless, and ruined Cathlene O'Connel was left to fend for herself in an unfamiliar world. Fear and circumstance drove her to a life of thieving in order to survive, but her heart risks the biggest danger of all when Aaron hands her a scandalous proposition: A son in exchange for her freedom.

Now that he has her back, Aaron doesn't intend to let Cathlene slip between his fingers. He'll do whatever it takes to regain her trust and love. But when an enemy from Cathlene's past resurfaces, Aaron not only faces battling for Cathlene's heart, but also her life.

BUY THE eBOOK *** BUY IN KINDLE *** BUY IN NOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Abbey a question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a $10 Starbucks card! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

18 comments:

  1. Good morning Abbey and super congrats on the new release! I loved the excerpt and love the "second-chance at love" storyline, so I can't wait to read it!

    Tell us a bit about the story and why you decided to write it.

    I see it's already a bestseller over at ARe - CONGRATS!!!

    What's up next?

    Have fun with your cyber launch party today and hope the book is a huge seller for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much DeNita for having me here today. :) I'm so excited to be here. ;)
    His Fifth Avenue Thief is set in New York City in 1850. Now you're probably wondering why NYC and then? There was so much that was happening in American history and the world during that time. The Sennica Falls Convention where women first gathered to write the Declaration of the Rights of Woman in 1848. The great famine in Ireland destroyed crops and took many lives, and forced thousands of the Irish to leave and look for a new start in America and elsewhere. America was truly the land of opportunity. :)
    I got the idea for this novella while I was watching the movie Gangs of New York. The heroine of that movie, Jenny is a turtledove. She dresses as a maid and sneaks into mansions and robs the home owners of their valuables.
    I thought what would it be like if I took a heroine who was raised as a lady, and given a life of wealth. What if she fell in love with a poor boy from the country and ran away to America with him?
    I had so much fun turning poor Cathlene and Aaron on their ears. During their separation they both had to learn to survive. And trust me, it wasn't an easy task getting them back together again, but it was fun. :)
    As for what's next? I'm working on a holiday novella that's a contemporary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new release sounds wonder! I LOVE a sexy Irishman and find Aaron very drool-worthy. I know I'm not alone in my love of Irishman, so what do you think makes them a particularly appealing hero?

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Joder. :) Thanks for commenting. :)
    I love the Irish accent. Brogues are quite lovely to hear, and to me, they add more appeal to a character. :) I think too, that the Irish, like many cultures, has had to endure many struggles in their history. There have been skirmishes with the English, and they faced adversity after coming to America, unlike other groups of imigrants, they were horribly mistreated. All had it rough, but the Irish, in particular, were at the bottom of the social ladder. I discovered this while doing research for this book. :)
    Thanks again for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Abbey!

    What made you go into writing romances?

    jessangil at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessica,
    I love that I can create a story that has a happy ending. In life and society, things don't always end so perfectly. It's nice to provide readers withanks for commenting. :)h a few hours of escapism and entertainment. :) It's also fun, especially when characters try to fight their attraction. :)t

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a wonderful story. Did you get to travel for your research?
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, Debby, no I unfortunately didn't go on vacation, er, travel for my research. :) I'd love to be able to do that someday. :)
    Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your venture into indie publishing, Abbey! I love your cover, and the book sounds wonderful too.

    Gail Hart
    ladygailus (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, Gail! :) I love my cover too. Laura Morrigan is so wonderful to work with. :)
    Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Abbey, nice to meeet you. I am sorry to say that I have not read your books before but that will have to change. I love the western romances so I am suprized that I have not read your books.

    lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Abbey
    Congrat's on your new release. And a fabulous cover. Love the excerpt and looking forward to reading the whole story.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the giveaway. I am heading over to Amazon to look for this book. I love the concept.
    jepebATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Virginia,
    So nice to meet you too. :) I love westerns, those cowboys are so much fun to write. :)
    Hi Helen, Thanks! Hope you enjoy.
    Hi jen! :) Good luck, and can't wait to hear what you think of Aaron and Cathlene's story. :)
    Thank you so much, ladies for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to meet you, Abbey! Thanks for sharing about your newest release--I like the sounds of it! It sounds like you write in various time periods--is there one you enjoy most?

    I also love that second-chance type story--looking forward to picking yours up!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you. :)
    I love many historical time periods. I love the Regency and Medieval periods, but have an equal softspot for Western romances as well. :)
    Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Abbey--those are some of my favorites, too :) But I'm fairly equal opportunity, as long as the story's a good one. I just know that I'm far too spoiled to actually LIVE in one of those other time periods! ;)

    ReplyDelete