Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Celebrating Wild Child Publishing And Freya's Bower's May Releases

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating some exciting new May releases for Wild Child Publishing and Freya's Bower! There's Action, Fantasy, Mystery, M/M and Romance...truly something for everyone!

E-FORCE by James D. Kellogg

Colt Kelley, a disillusioned employee of an environmental organization in Aspen, finds his life shifting into high gear when he stumbles into an unexpected romance with a beautiful woman with a turbid past.

But the newfound bliss is obliterated by E-Force, a clandestine group of militant radicals engaged in an escalating campaign of destruction against the Colorado assets of AmeResort Corporation. A dark conspiracy lurking below the eco-terrorist facade thrusts Colt into the crosshairs of law enforcement and a lethal network of merciless thugs and corrupt cops.

Pressed into a race against time and ruthless evil, Colt must stop E-Force from hurtling toward an unthinkable act of terror. The fate of the nation hangs in the balance.

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

***

BREATHE by Abbi Glines

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.

Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationship's never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.

But can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? Or will they have to learn how to breathe again?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

***

RAKARA: The Bekka Chronicles: Book 3 by Steve Shilstone

In RAKARA, Book Three of The Bekka Chronicles, on the world of Boad, Bekka and her lifelong best friend Kar accept a challenge to descend through many Realms solving puzzles and riddles until they reach the Realm Beyond Realms, where Kar, with no help from Bekka, must answer one final question correctly before the Waterwheel of Time completes one full revolution. If she fails, they will be trapped in the Realm Beyond Realms indefinitely, perhaps forever.

Their descent begins in the garden beyond O’Tan's Gate, and as they meet and defeat the various challenges, they travel through the Realm of the Limb Ricks, the Realm of the Truth Berry, the Realm of Violet, Lionel, Guy and Slingsby, and the Realm of the Globes where a fleckrunner quizzes them. When they reach the Realm Beyond Realms, they learn from a group of bearded jroons with grey storm eyes that their final task will be to find and face the Waterwheel of Time.

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

***

DRAGON'S WISH by Judith Leger

A vision, a wish, and a journey plagued by evil.

Cold, desolate cliffs and a white dragon’s blue gaze captures Seren Jordan in a terrifying vision. A universe away, Paladin Fulcan--prince, captain, and sorcery-shadowed seed of dragonkind--struggles to overcome his grief during the long journey to where he must bury his wife and son. Seeing a shooting star, he violates the most sacred law of the dragonseed: he makes a wish.

A dragonseed's wish can open the gates between realities, can alter fate. But has fate itself decreed this wish? For the throne-less dragonseed's destiny is entwined with that of a mortal mate; their son is fated to be the One True Dragon King to rule over all the dragons. But not all dragons are content to accept one rule, and the rebels quietly gather allies to prevent the birth of Seren's baby.

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

***

AS ADVERTISED by Jaime Samms

Tyler should know; as an ad executive, the packaging is what sells. And Jake is quite a package. So what if neither long-time friend Marty nor his landlady think much of Jake. Tyler is determined not to see the dark side of his lover, but when the truth becomes undeniable not even a evening soaked in martinis will let him hide from it.

Weathering Jake's lies and secrets gets easier under the sheltering support of new friends, Libby and Steven. In fact, Tyler figures a lot of things might get easier with gorgeous, attentive Steven around.

Tyler should have known better. Again. Not even someone as seemingly perfect as Steven Jessop comes completely as advertised. This time, though, Tyler has to make a decision. After all, even if what you see is not what you get, Steven's imperfections might just be what he's always wanted, if only he can sell Steven on giving love another chance.

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave any of the authors or the publishers a question today at their Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for your choice of any of these new releases!  Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

50 comments:

  1. Morning everyone! Thanks so much for inviting us to share our releases. I'll be around in the morning to answer questions. Sadly, the day job is going to cut short my interactions with y'all, but I'll definitely check back when I get home to see what I missed. So how is everyone's Wednesday? Mine's odd because Monday was a holiday here, so my day sense is all out of wack. I'm sure it's nothing a little extra caffeine can't fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Judith Leger checking in! I'm really excited about my new release, Dragon Wish! Thanks so much for having all of us here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm the designated Wild Child Grampa, the one who tells fantasy stories at bedtime. I have author pages at goodreads and jacketflap, where you can hear my kindly Steven Tyler voice on a video promo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to all of you new to me authors! I'm very excited, not only about the new releases you guys have to share with us this month (which look fantastic, btw), but also because I love finding new authors to love!

    Steve, I love that you're the Wild Child Grampa - that's great and your book looks like something my sister's young ones would love. What age range would you put on your books and tell us a bit about your series and how the books connect.

    Jamie and Judith, please tell us a bit about your new books and what else you have going on writing wise.

    Love all the covers for the May releases and can't wait to read them!

    Enjoy your cyber launch party and I hope you all have your biggest sellers yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dragon Wish is out--I've been waiting to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of you are new to me authors as well. I LOVE AuthorIsland! I always find new and exciting reads here. Looking forward to getting to know your work.

    Donna

    1_trouble at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning,everyone! Congratulations to Abbie, Jaime, Judith, and Steve on the release of your new books. This is a first for me. I'm very thankful to Wild Child Publishing and Author Island for the opportunity to transform a dream into reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Author Island. Hi Steve (hee, grandpa!) and Donna! Amber! You dropped by. Thanks so much.

    Dragon Wish, I suppose you could say, is the book of my heart. It took me many years to write this one. Not because of the story but because it bloomed into this wondrous tale of magic, friendship, and true love. Once I finished it, I really had second thoughts about subbing it to anyone. I gathered my courage and sent it Wild Child Publishing. They offered a home to it and I accepted. I'm so happy I did. They've been great.

    I have other books out as well and working on more for the future. I'm also really proud to say that in 2009, I won the Stella Cameron Scarlet Boa contest. You can check out my other works on my website, www.judithleger.weebly.com
    or my blog at www.judithleger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi James! E Force sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, each story in The Bekka Chronicles series is a complete stand alone tale. There are nine Bekka stories in all. Bekka stories are those narrated by the character, Bekka of Thorns. There are 22 additional tales from the same world narrated by different chroniclers. I'm planning on making a free video of this here Grampa reciting 'Little Hutter', one of the additional tales.
    Audience? I hope for anybody still in touch with his/her inner 10 year old. I did purposely write them with short chapters, keeping in mind an adult reading to a child at bedtime, doling out a story over several days a few chapters at a time. Hey, that's how my Grampa (born 1886 in Gold Hill, Nevada) did it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Steve, that is awesome. I LOVE your cover and the blurb sounds great. You pulled me with the excerpt. I have a little granddaughter and I definitely will read to her at bed time. I'm adding this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations fellow authors on your new releases. All of the covers are fantastic. And what a great idea having this cyber party the end of each month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judith, the link to your excerpt isn't working...do you have an excerpt of the book on your site?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My error, DeNita. I'll have to fix that link. (sigh) There's always something to do. LOL

    Oh, I am the publisher of these marvelous books and so proud of all of our authors. What a great turn out today! :) Hm... I am going to have to listen to your kindly Steven Tyler voice, Steve. He doesn't sound like a grandpa to me, but what do grandpas really sound like? ;)

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have it on my blog. The link is http://judithleger.weebly.com/excerpts.html

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steve Shilstone, awesome-looking fantasy series. Is it aimed at young adults? My daughter's been through one fantasy series after another.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Judith!

    I've fixed the link. :)

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats again. Have to pick up daughter. Good luck with your titles. I'll check in later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Judith. I just got a Kindle last week, so I'm looking forward to buying and reading books by other Wild Child authors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats to all my fellow releas-ees. Oh. That sounds more like a jail break, doesn't it? Hee

    About my book...let me see. I think before anything else I say, I have to offer copious thanks to Chuck, my editor. He had his work cut out for him with this book. I wanted so much to release it because the unusual characters just captured my heart, but I wrote it two years ago. I've learned a lot since then, and Chuck had a great pile of pet words and stilted writing to polish off to help me find the shine beneath, so thank you, Chuck!!!

    That said, I have to say, I'm proud of this book. It has characters off center from the norm of pretty boys and hunks I generally write about. Steven is just round the bend from his youth, Tyler suffers from from debilitating migraines and his best friend, Marty, was years ago diagnosed as schyzophrenic, not your every-day romance characters, but you know what, life throws curves that toss you about like a storm, sometimes, and sometimes, it just buries you under one small thing after another. Beyond the big shakeups, this story is about how Tyler and Steven deal with everyday life, and still find love and commitment. I think it was worth writing about.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judith - Oh, yes, enjoy the bedtime thing and by all means bring out your inner thespian!
    Sherri - As far as audience, if your daughter was ever a fan of the Reverend Charlie Dodgson's 'Alice in Wonderland', she just might enjoy The Bekka Chronicles. Have a stroll through the support site at http://bekkaofthorns.com where I have multiple tiny excerpts and character sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi all, a bunch of beautiful books.

    Judith, I bought my copy of Dragon Wish. You know how I've been chomping at the bit waiting for it to come out. Yeah!! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, thank you, Linda! I know you've been waiting for this one. Enjoy and please let me know what you think of it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Steve, Judith, Jaime, Abbi and James, congrats on all the great releases this month they all sound wonderful.

    Judith- looking forward to reading Dragon Wish. Now that I know it's the book of your heart I'm even more eager. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love fantasy and romance...so I'm torn!!! These all sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lauren! Thanks for stopping by.

    @Steve, I so love reading to her. She's my little love. :D

    Jaime, As Advertised sounds great. Isn't it wonderful to have a story come to life with all it's ups and downs! Wishing you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Judith. that coming to life is a huge reason I love doing this. I wouldn't trade that feeling you get when it all falls into place for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the kind words, Lauren. It's all just starting to sink in. It helps to be in the company of these other talented authors.

    ReplyDelete
  30. James, I hope it never gets old for you. Seeing your work out there is a rush that never really goes away, no matter how many times you do it. At least, it doesn't for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's great to hear, Jaime! I hope to someday have a great collection of books like you. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on all your new releases! I can't wait to be among these great group of authors!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi everyone what a great party!

    Judith, I'm extremely excited about discovering your world of dragons. The image of bright little dracs, flying over the sky, is now imprinted in my mind.

    And the "Heat, lust... passion." I definitely want to know more about that! So, what other amazing creatures will I see in your world?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Jenn!

    Thanks Magaly. Glad you liked it! Appreciate it love!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, shoot I didn't see you'd asked a question, love.

    Welllll, I have more dragons in store and a few other magical creatures. I just love wizards.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations to all, but I have to be honest... I've been waiting for Dragon Wish to come out.
    Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats, Judith Leger! I'm soooo excited about the launch of Dragon Wish -- the book of your heart and soul. You deserve all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, thank you all! There's some other really great books here too. Be sure and look them over too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Judith! Just had to stop by and wish you a happy, spectacular release day. And congrats to all these other fab authors, too. Happy sales, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  40. So many of these books sound sssssooooo good! Many of the storylines are ones I adore and I'd love to get my hands on any of them. Good luck with all the new releases!

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  41. WOW!! Spoiled for choice. My list grows ever longer & I can't complain about that. A wonderful collection.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm home from work, and it's great to see everyone's well wishes. Thanks for coming to visit us! Jenn, it won't be long, girl! :D

    Thanks you, Author Island for having us over and helping us out.
    jaime

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congrats to everyone on the new releases. They look wonderful!

    And dragons!!! *happy dance at getting to read Dragon's Wish!*

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you, DeNita, for creating such a wonderful launch party for us.

    Marci Baun
    Publisher

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations to everyone on their releases. I love the covers for the books. Anyone can answer this. Do you have a lot of say on what the cover will look like and do you have a favorite cover artist.

    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Sherry :) I was unavailable to attend the launch party but I wrote Breathe. This was my first book published by Wild Child so I only have the one experience with creating a cover. I have just signed a contract for my second book, Existence, but we haven't made it to the cover art yet. Anyway, I knew exactly what I wanted on the cover of Breathe. I told the artist assigned to me and she managed to get it on her first attempt. So, yes you have a lot to say about your cover. This time around I am hoping the artist has some good ideas because I haven't got a clue as to what the cover of Existence should look like. Hope that helps!
    And congratulations everyone else who had new releases this month. I intend to read them all while I lounge by the pool this summer.
    Abbi Glines

    ReplyDelete
  47. Congradulations to all on their new releases for sure!
    I love the blurbs and covers, and even found few authors that I haven't read before.
    But dragons are my next favorite after my wolves of course.
    Thank you for the contest and wishing you all many sales!

    Darcy

    pommawolf@ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete