Thursday, July 21, 2011

Celebrating A New Fantasy Romance From Sandra Sookoo

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating a new fantasy romance from Sandra Sookoo and Purple Sword Publications.

Sandra Sookoo is a writer of romantic fiction. Her portfolio includes historical, contemporary, sci-fi and paranormal romances. She loves to blend genres and spice them up and often times will add humor as well.

After catching the writing bug at the young age of ten, she’s gone on to grow her unique writing style. She’s a regular contributor for the Paranormal Romantic's blog and has a great time keeping things interesting at the Believing is Seeing blog.

When not immersed in creating new worlds and interesting characters, Sandra likes to read, bake and travel. Her favorite place to spend vacation hours is Walt Disney World. It’s where dreams come true and the soul can play. That suits her just fine. Writing is her ultimate dream job.


WEBSITE *** FACEBOOK *** TWITTER *** BLOG

WINGING IT by Sandra Sookoo

Joy and despair, light and dark, you can't have one without the other.

Devlin Addams has recently returned home from Afghanistan. Haunted by memories that he survived the fighting while his buddies didn't, as well as chased by the knowledge his mom is crazy, he's having trouble acclimating himself to civilian life. Now, armed with a dog and a therapist, he constantly battles the urge to end it all.

Lia Farry - because her Fae name is a mouthful - has tumbled into the Mortal Realm through the Veil between worlds by mysterious circumstances. Thrust into a new and harsh human existence, finding anything to be happy about is hard. If she can't go home, she'll have to make it work.

Forced to interact, Dev's protective instincts kick in, but he's unprepared for the onslaught of lust Lia represents. He wants a normal life but not at the expense of getting involved. Lia knows she soothes his torment yet she's battling her own problems. Desiring Dev is a dangerous prospect. Add in a meddling Fae queen and suddenly life as they know it will change forever. Love is at stake. A leap of faith is all they have to depend on.

BUY THE eBOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT   ***   WATCH THE TRAILER



WIN - Leave Sandra a question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a copy of Sandra's new book! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

22 comments:

  1. Sandra, How close do you feel to your characters as you are writing? I would think that that would be the most intense part of writing.
    joannereynolds@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,
    congratulations on the new release,the cover is beautiful and the book sounds wonderful. i can't wait to read it, i love a good fantasy story.
    in the blurb it says he is armed with a dog,is this for PTSD?
    i am asking because i have a Papillion (the dog with the butterfly ears in case you did not know)that is in training for me to use this way. he helps to keep me calm and he is such a happy little guy.
    i know that alot of people with PTSD are using animal therapy to help them now. it is a great thing.

    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and Happy Release Day!!

    I agree with Tammy - beautiful cover! And I totally loved the excerpt on your site.

    This book sounds a bit more serious than some of your others, because of the emotions your hero must deal with, but I also noticed a lot of humor in the excerpt. Would you consider this a romantic comedy or is it too heavy for that?

    Can you tell us a bit more about this world you creadted and will we be seeing it again in another book?

    Hope WINGING IT is a huge best seller for you - enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne--How close do I feel to my characters? Sometimes, very close. An author needs to understand their characters in order to let that emotion translate onto the page. At times, writing Dev's story got very intense. He's a guy in alot of pain. I like my stories to draw the reader into that world through emotions.

    Hi Tammy--Dev's therapist told him to get a dog so he could practice being nice and regain his humanity for/with other living things and to calm him after his war experiences.

    DeNita--Yes, this story is more serious but it also has a nice level of humor woven in. It's not exactly lighthearted enough for a romantic comedy but in places, you'll snicker.

    I wanted to show that while Dev hovers on the darker side of life--bitter, sad, depressed, with the introduction of Lia who only has known the brighter side of life, he could find the balance he thought he'd lost.

    Having these two very different characters come together makes them both grow and learn from each other :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In good fae fashion, she's using an assumed name. :) Does knowing her real name give a person power over her?

    Looking forward to reading this, Miz Sookoo.

    jacksonvivien@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the release of Winging It!
    What prompted you to make Dev's occupation a security guard for a school district?
    Enjoy your launch party!
    kacbooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the release. My cousin suffers from PTSD from serving in the Middle East. Do you know someone who suffers from this, who gave you the idea of using this in the book?

    GFC follower: June M.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vivian! As for Lia's name, the largest issue is that's it's just way too complicated for Dev to pronounce :-)

    Hi Karen! Regarding Dev's occupation... I figured the guy was having a tough time reacclimating to civilian life so what better job for a tough guy to have than keeping an eye on folks who might prey on kids?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra! Congrats on the book and the party! I love the concept and I'm looking forward to reading it. May I ask... do you find writer/crit groups helpful or do you just work through on your own?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi sandra well i am folowiing you on twitter and re twitted and then on my face book google and other
    when you go in to stage you want to write books do you jot the stuff in the head down and go form there or do you just wing it the book and cove look great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new release. This sounds like a very good but emotional book. What was your inspiration for this story?

    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. June--thanks for coming! Do I know someone with PTSD? Not really, but I've heard enough stories from people who do. Why did I use it in this book? I wanted to show that Dev really needed a bit of happiness in his life--Lia.

    ME--hi there! Do I find writing/crit groups helpful? I think they are if you find the right ones, especially when a writer is first starting out. Do your homework well ahead of time and make sure you grow a thick skin. Not everyone is going to like what you write. At the moment, I do have a couple of crit partners :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi desi! When I get an idea for a book, I tuck it away for awhile in order to think about it. When it's time to write the story, I outline my chapters ahead of time.

    Hi Sherry! Where did the inspiration for the story come from? I pooled a few traits/thoughts from folks I'd heard stories from who'd been in the military. I always wanted to write a story with a Fae in it. Lia might not be what you think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your latest release - sounds like a good one :-) What are you working on now?

    smaccall AT comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bookwyrm! What am I working on now? A historical pirate book :-) Also a reworked paranormal fairy tale

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your latest book. I enjoy reading your books, they take me away to wonderful places even though I stuck in a 9 to 5.
    I was wondering who inspired you to follow your dream of writing?

    rfarrow at pineland dot net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reading my books! I love to hear that :-) Who inspired me? I had a creative writing teach in the 7th grade named Mrs. DePitrio. She told me I had talent and I should continue to write because someday, I'd do something with it. I guess she was right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on this new story, Sandra--it sounds like quite a heartwrenching one! Is this story a stand-alone or part of a series? And do you do anything special to celebrate your new releases? Happy July!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Fedora! It's a stand alone. I can't imagine Dev sharing LOL What did I do on release day? Hubby took me to dinner at the mall LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! And glad you and DH had a chance to celebrate--sounds good, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Sandra.

    I look forward in reading your works; they sound great.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your new release Sandra! I love the cover and the book sounds awesome. Really enjoyed watching the video too.
    jessangil at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete