Saturday, July 16, 2011

Celebrating More Fae With Malfunctioning Magic From Michelle Levigne

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating the release of  SMOKE AND MIRRORS, the second book in Michelle Levigne's magical romantic comedy fantasy series All's Fae In Love And Chocolate.

A story addict since an early exposure to Dr. Seuss, award-winning author of over 30 novels and novellas, Michelle Levigne has been creating her own stories, heroes and adventures since junior high. She ventures into many sub-genres of science fiction, paranormal, romance and fantasy, including Greek mythology, Narnia spin-offs and her futuristic universe, the Commonwealth.

Michelle writes something for everyone! After all, since she likes to read all over the board, why not WRITE all over the board?
 
WEBSITE *** BLOG *** FACEBOOK


SMOKE AND MIRRORS by Michele L. Levigne

~A Fae man with malfunctioning magic hides from matrimony in Las Vegas, disguised as a magician's assistant. A Half-Fae, female magician with secrets of her own.~

Alexi's malfunctioning magic made him a sitting duck when it came to husband-hunting Fae women. He knew he had to find a place where he could hide and make a living before he became completely bereft of magic, and ended up in Vegas, where his wonky magic wouldn't raise any eyebrows.

Megan was a Halfling Fae who made her living as a magician. She had enough magic to know Alexi was in deep trouble, and enough sense not to tell him she was a halfbreed. She took him on as her assistant because she thought they would both be safe with each other, and because he needed her help even more than she needed his.

Eventually, their working friendship turned to close friendship, partnership, looking out for each other. And then they realized they not only needed each other, but wanted each other.

However, there was Alexi's doomed magical heritage, and hungry Fae women caught in Need still on the prowl, and what chance did a halfbreed woman have against all that?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT   ***   WATCH THE TRAILER



WIN - Leave Michelle a question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for one of the prizes she's offering up today!!  Please leave your email address so Michelle can contact you for your mailing address. 

20 comments:

  1. Good morning Michelle!!! Super congrats on the new release!! I love your fun All's Fae In Love And Chocolate Series!

    Tell us a bit about this series and how the books connect. And tell us about how the idea for this fun series came from.

    Since you always have several irons in the fire at all times, what else have you been up to?

    Hope you enjoy your Cyber Launch Party and I hope SMOKE AND MIRRORS is a huge seller for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Congrats :)

    reginamayr@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the new release.
    the excerpt was wonderful,i am still laughing. i can't wait to read the rest of the book and see what happens next.
    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, gang, and welcome to the second Cyber Launch for the All's Fae novellas.

    Just a note -- everybody who leaves their email address with their comments will receive party favors, and one lucky participant will received an Fall's Fae T-shirt, featuring the cover art for all 4 novellas.

    I've sort of dovetailed the All's Fae stories to merge with my new series at Uncial Press, Divine's Emporium, Have Yourself a Faerie Little Christmas, and the 3rd book I just finished rough drafting this morning -- like 20 minutes ago -- Divine Knight.

    What else am I doing right now? Well, I'm scrambling to learn my lines for a series of skits I'm in all next week for SonSurf Beach Bash, Vacation Bible School at my church. I'm the lifeguard. Word of warning: DON'T trust in spray-on instant tan products.

    That's all I'm going to say about it .... [G]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Michelle.

    How long does it take to create a book trailer?

    I look forward in starting this series.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book trailer for All's Fae, which is about 3 minutes, took me maybe 5 hours. That includes creating the script, then going online and hunting down the artwork. Then polishing the script, assigning the artwork to each line, processing everything. Uploading takes a big chunk of time -- because sometimes it doesn't load easily or quickly [G] Then tweaking it all probably takes the most time.

    And of course, finding the right music to go with it.

    But when it works, it's great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the trailer, you did a great job. Looking forward to the book!

    tamjeang1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle :)
    Congrats on the release of All's Fae In Love And Chocolate. I had origeonally read the separate stories & now I can't wait to re-read the series. I LOVE the excerpt with Alexi tripping a pickpocket, Alexi could be MY Lone Ranger anytime
    Mindy :)
    Birdsooong@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Michelle, on the release of Smoke and Mirrors! Did you do anything special to celebrate this release? I saw that you do your own trailers; do you also design your own book covers? Hope Smoke and Mirrors is successful for you!!
    kacbooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I don't design my own covers. I'm not sure of the name of the artist, but she was contracted by Uncial Press. Aren't the covers incredible?

    If you check out my blog, and go back a few posts, you can see all four covers. www.MichelleLevigne.blogspot.com

    I DID do my own trailer. It's easy, with One True Media -- which is basically set up to create photo montages. Hey, easy is best, as far as I'm concerned. It also lets me post the trailers to Facebook, YouTube, and my blog.

    Hope everybody enjoys the whole series. I might come up with some more Fae stories one of these days. I hope Jude leaves things open-ended for more ....

    Just a hint!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fabulous. Got to love a Fae, especially a Halfling. How clever of you to do your own trailer.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HEY CHELLE!

    SENDING YOU A CYBER CHOCOLATE MUDSLIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AND CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RELEASE! WOULD GO GOOD WITH MY MUDSLIDE! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love stories about the Fae. What made you decide to dedicate a series to the Fae?
    jepebATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! How exciting for you! Another new release. Wow! Do you take a brake inbetween each book or do you just keep writing?
    shadow_kohler(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, everybody.

    I'm back -- had to run out to rehearsal and then pick up some props. The skits start Monday -- 3 performances each day, a new script each day. Yikes!

    What made me decide to dedicate a series to the Fae?

    I don't know as I consciously "decided" to do a series. I just played with ideas until I came up with some stories I wanted to write! Once I got the ball rolling with making up the "rules" for my Fae -- dark chocolate as a cure-all, diet cherry cola as an intoxicant, long, convoluted names, and a ministry or committee for everything under the sun -- it was relatively easy to give my hero and/or heroine a problem that needed solving, then sit back and watch the sparks fly. Plus all the little details I made up for one story carried over to the next in line, making it easier to let go and just play.

    When you're being silly, it's sometimes really easy to just keep going on and on, getting sillier. Because you're having so much fun!

    I admit some influence from Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series. If you haven't read any of those books, DO. Major fun.

    As to another question asked while I was out -- do I take a break between stories?

    NOPE.

    I either owe a publisher something, or I have goals I set for myself to meet, or I'm scrambling to get things produced during the few minutes of free time I have each day, in between trying to make a living. So I'm always working.

    But I enjoy what I do. That's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, it's been a really long day.
    I'm wiped. [G]

    Gonna call it a night.

    Thanks everybody, for showing up.
    I'll be contacting you all tomorrow for your mailing address, to send your party favors, and picking the T-shirt winner.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow that series sounds fantastic. I am going to check them out. And that chocolate desert looks yummy.
    any idea how many books will be in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new release.

    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun book, Michele. Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete