Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Celebrating A Debut Novel From Author Melissa Keir

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating Melissa Keir's debut novel, a beautiful, heartwarming tale of second chances.

SECOND TIME'S THE CHARM by Melissa Keir

How does a middle aged, divorcee with two children find her way back to love after a devastating divorce leaves her with no self confidence and no faith in love? Lissa's ex-husband has shredded her self-esteem so she's thrown herself into her children and her work, leaving time for nothing else.

When an life threatening illness in her best friend's family puts Lissa on the path to romance, Lissa finds new love in a most unexpected way--an introduced by her new guy's ex-wife.

Who knew that first time loves could lead to second chances?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   BUY IN KINDLE   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

Melissa Keir has always wanted to be an author when she wasn't hoping for a career as a race car driver. Her love of books was instilled by her mother and grandparents who were avid readers. She'd often sneak books away from them so that she could fantasize about those strong alpha males and plucky heroines. In middle school and high school, Melissa used to write sappy love poems and shared them with her friends and still has those poems today! In college her writing changed to sarcastic musings on life as well as poems with a modern twist on fairy tales and won awards for her writing. You can find many of these musings along with her latest releases on her website and blog.

As a writer, Melissa likes to keep current on topics of interest in the world of writing. She's a member of the Romance Writers of America and is always interested in improving her writing through classes and seminars. Her current projects include her short story "Forever Love" published in the Valentine Anthology, Love, Again, on sale now as well as two books - Second Time's the Charm, set to be released on April 3rd and Protecting His Wolfe, set to be released June 3rd, both published through Rebel Ink Press this year.

Melissa doesn't believe in down time. She's always keeping busy. Melissa is a wife and mother, an elementary school teacher, a book reviewer, an editor for a publishing company as well as an author. Her home blends two families and is a lot like the Brady Bunch, without Alice - a large grocery bill, tons of dirty dishes and a mound of laundry. She loves to write stories that feature happy endings and is often seen plotting her next story.

Melissa loves hearing from readers!

WEBSITE   ***   BLOG   ***   TWITTER   ***   FACEBOOK

WIN - Leave Melissa a question today at her cyber launch party and your name goes in the hat for a copy of Melissa's new book! Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

BTW readers, Melissa has a $10 Amazon Gift Card up for grabs over on the contest page of http://www.authorisland.com/ - Check it out!

22 comments:

  1. Hello Melissa!!! Super congrats on your first solo novel!

    I'm always so excited to have new authors joining us, because I love to see how they grow over the years and I love to read the new worlds and stories they share with us!

    Tell us all about yourself and your new book. And I'd love the hear about how this story came to be. Creating and writing are so different for each writer.

    I hope you have fun here at you cyber launch party and I wish you much success with the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw readers, Melissa has a $10 Amazon Gift Card up for grabs over on the contest page of www.AuthorIsland.com - check it out!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for having me. This story is very true to my heart because I also went through a tough divorce after twenty years of marriage. You really think differently about yourself when your husband cheats on you. I decided that I would use the angst from my divorce and create a happily ever after story that would show that even after such a loss, you can find love again.

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Melissa! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new release! It's on my TBR pile - can hardly wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee Ann. It is a fun quick read! I have some more places I'd like to go with these characters but I'm not so sure it would be the happily ever after :(

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the release of your book! My husband is an elementary school music teacher. Do you have music at your school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do Aubrie. We have a wonderful elementary music teacher. Our students are getting ready for their spring program right now!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new release. Is this book a stand alone or will it be part of a series? Sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it.

    e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently it is a stand alone, but as Lissa and Alex form their blended family issues do arise. Also how will Chloe feel about Lissa stepping into being Joe's mom? There are sure to be some surprising things that do develop.

      Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the book! You sound very busy. How do you find time for everything?

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take every moment of my day and use it to its fullest. I can do laundry and edit at the same time! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your debut, Melissa! Good for you on this, and on being able to transform some of your personal experiences into such a lovely story! And my, your life sounds busy! If you were to come into some free household help, what chore would you offload first? :)

    Wishing you continued personal and professional success!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! OOoooo That is a great question! I actually love doing laundry and my son helps with the dishwasher. Mowing the grass is so much like therapy. I guess I would give up the house cleaning. In fact, that is what I've already pushed aside :) shhh... don't tell! Not really but we have a weekend schedule to keep my hubby and I on top of that. But to have more time, I'd easily give that up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!! I am going to go buy the book sounds wonderful I can't wait to start reading it. Oh and if you love laundry let me know when your in my area and I will save some of mine. lol I wish you the very best luck and hope you hit the bestsellers list with all your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I'd be happy to do laundry all day long. It is one of the things you can do and still write or listen to music. I usually have a load going before I go to work in the morning!

      By the way, with it only being $1.99, buying the book won't hurt the pocketbook either! You just might find enough change in the laundry!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your book. You sure are busy. I am a teacher as well. Do you find stories from your kids?
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to hear a lot of stories but they don't make it into my books. Being a romance writer, I like to share my hope for everyone having a happily ever after. Today I just found out another family (my second this year) is getting a divorce. It breaks my heart.

      The only story I heard today is that a child told me why he was telling another child that he was stalking him was on account of him only getting to go on 10 rides at Disney. He felt he needed more fun over break so he wanted the rest of us to be unhappy too.

      Delete
  11. Hi Melissa, congrats on your debut book, sounds wonderful. I love reading new authors so I can't wait to read your book. Also love second chance stories. Is there things in your book that is based from real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quilt Lady. There is always a little bit of real life in every story. I did have a bitter divorce and felt a lot of the same feelings that Lissa did towards her ex, Steve. But I don't know that I would have dated my best friend's ex-husband. It is a tough line to cross.

      Delete
  12. Thank you everyone who stopped by to share my release day party. It was wonderful hearing from you and I appreciate all your great questions. The winner of the free e-copy of my book "Second Time's the Charm" is Ficen1... I will email you to ask about formating for the book. Thank you again everyone!

    ReplyDelete