Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Releases From Wild Child Publishing And Freya's Bower

Today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating December releases for Wild Child Publishing and Freya's Bower! There's Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, Horror, and Romance...truly something for everyone!

TEACHER'S PET by Kenzie Michaels

What happens when you discover the man you had mind-blowing sex with three months ago is your son's teacher?

Tammy Saunders is horrified when she realizes the man who set her heart racing is her son's favorite teacher. With one bad relationship behind her, will she trust her heart again, or will she continue to deny her feminine side?

And is this particular teacher popular only with his students? Kevin has made some bad choices in his life, but sleeping with not only one, but now two, of his students' mothers, has got to be the worst mistake he ever made. Especially when he realizes he's lost his heart to one of them...

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

------

EXISTENCE by Abbi Glines

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen-year-old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

------

A SATAN CAROL by Alan Steven Kessler

Nostalgic for the Inquisition and plague, Satan feels neglected by the modern world that no longer cares about heresy or blames him for disease and death. He plans to create a new genesis, a place where people will love him. For that, his son needs just the right soul.

A Satan Carol is a horror story with a message for those who want to understand God's apparent absence as the intersection of freewill and choice. It is a story with religious themes written for a secular reader. It is, in the end, a tale about family values even if they originate in hell.

BUY THE BOOK   ***   BUY THE eBOOK   ***   BUY IN KINDLE   READ THE EXCERPT   ***   WATCH THE VIDEO   ***   LISTEN TO THE FIRST CHAPTER


WIN - Leave any of the authors or the publisher a question today about their new releases and your name goes in the hat for your choice of the above books!  Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

21 comments:

  1. Wow - what a great selection of books! Can't wait to dig in!

    Authors, please stop by and tell us all about your new releases and how we can learn more about you.

    Hope you enjoy your launch party today and hope your new books are your biggest sellers yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome selection of books from Wild Child and Freya's Bower!

    My question goes to all three authors (Kenzie Michaels, Abbi Glines, and Alan Steven Kessler). What inspired you to write these stories?

    cherie.reich(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Teacher's Pet just looks yummy. I'm off to add that to my "to be read" list for this week. And Satan's Carol looks really good too. Anyway congrats on your new releases =)

    As for Existence it is the first book in a trilogy. It is my first jaunt into YA paranormal and I have to admit it has been a blast so far. Personifying Death is always fun. You can read more about Existence and where the story is going on my website www.abbiglines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again AuthorIsland has introduced me to some great new (to me) authors. Thanks.

    1_trouble AT msn DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherie- after writing two YA contemporary books I wanted to try out the paranormal world that is so popular in YA. However, I didn't want to do something that had been done a million times. As much as I love vampires, witches, angels, fairies, shape shifters, and aliens, I wanted to find something that was a little different. One night while brain storming I thought about how much I liked the idea of Death being personified. Then it went from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all sound really good.

    This is for any of the authors.What was your first impression of your new book cover? And do you think covers impact whether a person buys a book or not?

    elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elaing8 - I adore my book cover and have since the moment I saw it. I am a firm believer in a book cover sells a book. I don't read books with bad covers unless the reviews are in abundance and all spectacular. If you write a good book you need a good cover. I know the old adage "don't judge a book by it's cover" is true… but when looking for a book to read, a cover is the first thing I notice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these books sounds so great. Do you make up the catching opener?
    debby236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. AM intrigued by the thought of Death breaking the rules. Will have to check this out.
    linze_e at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, Abbi. If the cover sucks (or isn't as attractive as another one), I'm less likely to buy it, no matter the blurb. Am I shallow? Perhaps, but it's how I work.

    Marci Baun
    Publisher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the new releases. Fascinating story lines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The books all sound great and on my list to read. The covers do attract me, but the blurbs make me buy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debby- Don;t know about everyone else but yes I made up the catching opener.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to be so late! My grandmother passed away so I've not been online a great deal this week.

    @Cherie: Teacher's Pet was inspired in part by my own son's 6th grade Social Studies teacher! I literally left the first parent-teacher conference praying I sounded like a coherent adult instead of a teenager with her 1st crush! Part of my brain was yelling 'lock the door and have your way with me' while the other half was saying 'shut up and act your age....' "Oh, my son is doing well? Good!"

    Also, I was challenged by a group of authors to raise the heat level in my sex scenes, so this was the result:) I decided to try NaNoWriMo for the 1st time and wrote it during the month of November in 2007.

    Kenzie Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Abbi: Thank you:) The other books featured also sound intriguing!

    @Elaing8: I LOVED my cover the first time I saw it! And when I posted it, several people commented they were wiping the drool from their keyboards,lol!

    @Debby: Yes; I write my own blurbs. Some come to me easier than others:)

    Kenzie Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Cassie: I'm with you. I don't buy based on the cover; I buy based on the blurb/excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If anyone wants more information about me or my books, here are my links:

    Website: www.mollydaniels.wordpress.com

    Blog: http://kenziemichaels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Alan, Abbi, and Kenzie--intriguing sounding blurbs, all! What a great variety of titles we can look forward to from Freya's Bower and Wild Child!

    Do you find that there are certain types of stories that do better with certain publishers? Are there stories that have been refused at one place that another has picked up with great success?

    Best wishes to you all for many sales!

    --flchen1 using DH's account
    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Fedora:) My alter-ego shopped her YA series around before it finally found a home somewhere else. As for myself, I had one book which took several submissions and a few revisions before it was finally accepted. I think a lot depends on how well the first few pages read and who is reading them at the time of submission. As for success, my books have been slow to catch on, but TP is only my 4th, so hopefully readers will want to seek out my short backlist and come back for the two more which will hopefully be released in the next two years:) And in the meantime, I need to get busy and finish some wips!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that is a great selection of books. They are all books I hadn't heard of before so I searched them out and read more about them. I am so putting them all in my wish list now. Thanks so much for the heads up on these.

    miztik_rose@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete