Monday, September 20, 2010

Celebrating Andrew E. Kaufman's Supernatural Thriller

Today we're celebrating the print release of Andrew E Kaufman's national bestseller WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS.

Andrew E. Kaufman is an award-winning writer and author living in Southern California, along with his Labrador Retrievers, his horse, and a very bossy Jack Russell Terrier (who, incidentally, thinks she owns the place). His new novel, While the Savage Sleeps, a forensic paranormal mystery, takes place in the fictitious town of Faith, New Mexico. It broke out onto four or Amazon's bestsellers lists, taking the #1 spot on two of them and placing #3 on their Movers and Shakers list.

After receiving his journalism and political science degrees at San Diego State University, Andrew began his writing career as an Emmy-nominated writer/producer, working at KFMB-TV, the CBS affiliate in San Diego, then at KCAL-TV in Los Angeles. For more than ten years, he produced special series and covered many nationally known cases, including the O.J. Simpson Trial. He has also written stories for the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, the most recent of which is due out later this year.

"Andrew Kaufman goes the extra mile when it comes to authenticity, and just when you think you have seen it all in crime fiction, a guy like this comes along and knocks your socks off." -- Robert W. Walker, critically acclaimed author of over fifty novels, including the Edge and Instinct Series.

WEBSITE *** BLOG *** TWITTER *** FACEBOOK


WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS the bestselling supernatural thriller from Andrew E Kaufman.

TWO STRANGERS
Cameron Dawson's got a past he can't seem to shake, but he's hoping to change that. He's moved back home to Faith, New Mexico and taken a job as assistant sheriff. What he doesn't realize is that his newest nightmare's about to begin. Strange things are happening. People are disappearing, and for others, it's far worse...

DISTANCE SEPARATES THEM
Miles away in Albuquerque, Kyle Bancroft's life is spinning out of control. She's seeing, hearing, and dreaming things she can't explain: Flashbacks to World War II and an eerie hospital ward with locked doors, empty gurneys, and guttural screams. To make matters worse, a ghostly green-eyed girl is complicating her visions with an urgent message: Time is running out.

A DARK SECRET CONNECTS THEM
Kyle's otherworldly encounters are driving her straight toward Faith... and right into Cameron's life. The body count is rising, the pressure is mounting, and the clock is ticking as they rush to uncover a dangerous secret hiding just below the surface of this all-American town - one that's threatening to destroy Faith and everyone in it. A secret they must hunt down quickly... even if it costs them their own lives.

A VOICE FROM THE GRAVE WILL DRAW THEM TOGETHER

***

WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS broke out on four of Amazon's bestsellers lists, taking the #1 spot on two of them and third on their movers and shakers list, passing up heavy-hitters like Stepen King and Nora Roberts. Autographed copies are available through the author's website. This title also available on Kindle.

BUY THE BOOK *** BUY THE eBOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Andrew a comment or question today at his Cyber Launch Party and get your name in the hat for one of two WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS T-shirts! Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you are one our two winners today!

42 comments:

  1. Morning Andrew and congrats on the print release of your thriller WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS.

    Just read the excerpt and man, talk about hooking a reader! I love dark mystery thrillers and when a spin of the paranormal is thrown in all the better!

    Where did the inspiration for this novel come from and how did it feel to have it do so well for you right out of the gate?

    And what a great bargain only $2.99 for the ebook? That's a great way to get people to take a chance on your book.

    Have fun with your party today and here's hoping the print release will hit the bestseller lists as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new release. What an intriguing book. I love mystery and paranormal. I would love to read it.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite type of book is a mystery and with the paranormal thrown in, I can't wait to read this one.
    Congrats on the release

    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Andrew, congratulations on your new book. I love crime and mystery books, movies and TV series. Your excerpt hooked me immediately and I can't wait to read the book.

    Best wishes,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda, Jean, and Cynthia, for dropping by, and thanks to Author Island for helping me celebrate the release of While the Savage Sleeps in trade paperback.

    What was it like to have it do so well right out of the gate? I'd say surreal pretty much sums it up. I put it on Kindle, hoping to get it "out there"and maybe have a few people read it. Well, safe to say my expectations were were met ... and then some! But more than anything, the reward for me is, and continues to be, having so many people read my work. Even better is when they contact me and say how much they've enjoyed it. For me, it isn't about fame--it never has been. It's all about reaching people with words, something that has always been the cornerstone in my life and what I strive for every day.

    As for my inspiration for the novel, believe it or not, it came to me in a dream. No kidding. I'd been struggling for weeks to figure out the plot line. I remember waking up one morning--or actually sitting straight up in bed--and saying to myself: "That's it! I've got it!!" And a novel was born.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrew - this book sounds fabulous - and I probably will need to keep the lights on as I read it because I am a chicken when it comes to the paranormal :-D!

    Incredible that you dreamt about the story line and were abel to turn it into a book!! Congrats on being so successful with it!!

    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks just like my cup of tea. Paranormal and thriller? Cool!!!!

    How long did it take you to finish the book?

    Valerie
    in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three years, Valerie. Three... long ... years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!

    REGINA ROSS
    reginamayr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You recently did a post on what you went through to authenticate certain scenes in your book...namely, an autopsy! Where can we find that post?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that was on Robert W. Walker's blog. Quite an experience--one won't soon forget. You can read about it at:

    http://makeminemystery.blogspot.com/2010/09/guest-blogger-funny-thing-happened-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Andrew - way cool to set up a book launch party online this way; I was wondering how best to launch my next - appropo - Titanic 2012 - soon, and so I am here studying what you have done. Did you set this up or did I hear you mention Author Island? I dunno nothing other than how to set up my own blogs, so am likely to use one of them - the one I have been using for Titanic to publicly write it, ticks and all, as that seems appropriate place to launch but learning how it is done from you. THREE years, wow...I used to take as long for my early books but as one gets older, one writes FASTER!!! Again congrats!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - I shared this on Twitter and Facebook, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the release. I read the excerpt and it's certainly interesting. It's definitely a book I'll read.

    andrea.infinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. While the Savage Sleeps sounds awesome. Wishing you the best. I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! And a t-shirt giveaway is pretty nice; it's the same graphic as the cover, right?

    kolists a\t gmail d.t com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!!!
    Sandy Butler
    sandyevebutler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book looks scary, but from what I can see my guess is you're an excellent writer. If I'm petrified of scary books, like Stephen King and Dean Koontz, should I stay away from yours? Or is it less dark and disturbing than those others?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Andrew,
    Congratulations for getting it out there and glad it is getting attention! Before I did the interview with you I read the Kindle preview...uh, five chapters, I think. And then I read the autopsy chapter on Walker's blog. I have the book on my list to get soon. You have me hooked with your good writing, definitely a thriller!

    Check out my interview with Andrew at my blog:
    http://mydropsofink.blogspot.com/2010/07/interview-with-andrew-e-kaufman-author.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Robin-

    People who have read my book often tell me it reminds them of Dean Koontz--his earlier novels. If you can handle him, you definitely can handle this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda-
    Nice to see you here! Thanks for posting the interview, and I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Robert-- Great to see you here! I'll shoot you an email and give you all the details about throwing a Cyber launch Party. Thanks for coming by!

    Robert, by the way, is one of my favorite authors. It's been my honor to get to know him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Andy,

    Lovin this party! Can't wait to read the book!

    Lisa
    East Coast Connection

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to receive my copy. I bet it's going to be excellent in audio too (one of my favorite things to listen to in my car...thrillers, fantasy, etc make the best audio!)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  25. Andy-- I ordered your book on Friday-- can't wait to get my hands (and eyes) on it. Every excerpt I've read sounds wonderfully creepy and beautifully written!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!
    I enjoy suspense stories with a touch of paranormal.

    kissinoak at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I was reading the excerpt on my kindle on my iPad, my very first though was that the story seems a lot like something Dean Koontz would write. It's kind of a creepy story, in a good way. So I bought the whole ebook (can't beat the price).

    I am very proud of you, Andy. I truly knew almost 20 years ago that you had real talent as a writer. It was very evident even in your writing back then. So what took you so long to get this out? (just kidding).


    Good for you, Andy. Here's to this being merely the first drop in the bucket.
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats. Stopped by to see what the buzz is about. I ordered my copy. The new thriller will be featured over at Bitsy Bling's Book Review. It's on my laundry list (my short list for TBR). It will be perfect for October!

    Charlie Courtland
    http://www.bitsyblingbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats, Andy! I got the invitation from Linda Boulanger. Hope the party is a smash! Let me know if you're in need of a book trailer: www.NovelBookTrailers.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, Greg.I hope you enjoy the book, and Charlie, I REALLY hope you enjoy it, since you'll be doing a review

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Andrew,

    Wanted to pop in and say congrats on the book. I've already gotten my copy for Kindle and hope to start it by tonight or tomorrow.

    Thanks for inviting me to your party.
    Christine Senter

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, what a fun party! Drew, super congrats for your print release of WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS. From all the great press, this books is going to be big, man, Big!

    I can't wait to ready my copy and much success for this and future books.

    Koontz? Nah, I'll take Kaufman any day!

    Go get'em, buddy.

    Patty G. Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations!! I can see why WHILE THE SAVAGE SLEEPS has done so well. It sounds amazing.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Andrew congratulations on your release .Your book sounds great .I have a jack russell also her name is Zoe and she thinks she runs our house well she knows she runs it lol.Congrats again.
    wanda flanagan
    flanagan@mebtel.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOL, Wanda. Aren't they characters? She's the size of my foot and she tells the Labs what to do and how to do it. I've never seen so much attitude packed into such a small body!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the answer, Andrew. After today, I'm convinced that your writing is excellent, and I plan to buy your book for a friend who is braver than me. I'll let him tell me if I should read it or not! I am way too sensitive to scary things. But what a kickass party. Way to launch a book.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Robin -- Andrew has promised there's a lot more than just scary in the book. I told him originally I didn't read anything without aaahh moments. He says I'll find it as well as a few tears and laughs and everything in between. I'm going to be brave (I don't usually read them either)...I ordered my copy. Jump in there with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. congrats on ur book sounds aweosme ur a ne wto me author deff ahve to check ur site out and go to the lib and order ur books they sound right up my ally

    mortalsinn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on your new release Andrew! I love the cover. It's very mysterious and intriguing.

    jpn_cowgirl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Always late to the party. . . Congrats on the success of While the Savage Sleeps! Loved it and look forward to the next one! If you have read it yet, I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! Look at all the friends you have, Andy! Now if they'll all just buy a copy or 5 of the book! :)

    ReplyDelete