Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Celebrating A New Release In Shannan Albright's Dark Breed Enforcers Series

All day today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating a new release in Shannan Albright's popular Dark Breen Enforcers Series!

DARK HUNTER by Shannan Albright

Dark Breed Enforcers, 3

Vampire Mari Ankamunan struggles to pick up the pieces of her life after her bar The Asp becomes a war zone between the Enforcers and members of the Preservation Society, who want all dark breeds wiped out. The sudden appearance of the only man she ever loved brings her world to a crashing halt, for she witnessed his brutal murder two thousand years ago.

Navar’s oaths to his Sire cost him Mari. Torn from her side by the sidhe queen, he is her Hunter, delivering justice for crimes against the breeds. Now free, he returns to his lover's side only to be caught in a dark plot where Mari is targeted for death.

The stakes are high. Can they uncover a deadly plot against the Enforcers or will Navar lose Mari again?

BUY THE eBOOK   ***   READ THE EXCERPT


Growing up she was the dreamer in her family, something not always thought of as a positive thing. As a child she would draw and build stories around her pictures, so writing was a natural extension for her. Recently a family member told her that from now on she would encourage those dreamers she knew. Stating with hard work and focus dreams can come true. Shannan Albright is proof that dreaming can be a positive thing.

When not writing she spends her time between oil painting and reading. She loves writing paranormal, urban fantasy, historical and fantasy romances because of the world building and rich characters she finds. She loves dark, edgy heroes and heroines overcoming impossible odds internal and external.

She is a "hopeful" Romantic who believes a healthy relationship built on respect and a strong partnership is the key to a happy ever after.

WEBSITE   ***   BLOG   ***   FACEBOOK   ***   TWITTER   ***   LINKEDIN   ***   GOODREADS   ***   AMAZON


WIN - Leave Shannan a question today at her Cyber Launch Party and share this post with your friends using the share bar below and your name goes in the hat for an autographed copy of the first book in the Dark Breed Enforcers Series - DARK PASSION RISING.  Be sure to let Shannan know how you shared and leave your email address, so Shannan can contact you if you are today's winner!

11 comments:

  1. Good morning Shannan and super congrats on the new release in your Dark Breed Series!

    For those of us not familiar with your series, can you tell us all about it and how the books connect? I see your working on the new one in the series, when is that one due to release?

    And since you're new here at AuthorIsland, please tell us a bit more about yourself and your other work - we always want to find new authors to love!!

    Hope you enjoy your Launch Party today and here's to DARK HUNTER being your biggest seller yet! Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me and I'm so tickled to be a part of Author Island. When I wrote Dark Passion Rising I knew it would be a series. The idea came to me when I was at the Fremont Experience with friends. I wanted to see what would happen if all those beings from our darkest imaginings truly exsisted. A group of warriors are charged with keeping the rules for the dark breed, called Enforcers. I took it one step further and decided it was time to have them violently exposed to the world of humans. Mankinds reaction to the dark breed is the overall story arc, though I do have many smaller arc's and different bad guys who work to destroy my heros, the Enforcers. The first book Dark Passion Rising sets the scene for the overall world and characters. Passion's Flight takes it another step further with hints about a group of humans who wish to rid the world of them, called the Preservation Society. Inbetween all of this is the power struggle within the dark breed society to wish to control mankind.

    The next book due to "hopefully" release this fall -at the latest winter - is Dark Desire Zeke's book where the stories get darker, the characters go through much more and are forced to face their demons while trying to build a peaceful co-exsistance between them and humanity.

    I am new here so to those who aren't familiar with me or my background I've been a professional dancer, studying Ballet since I was two. Puberty hit giving me far too much upstars for that profession to be viable for me so I went into Jazz and Ballroom. Inbetween this I wrote, did illustrations for several childrens books and presentations mortagage companies (boring)I've always loved reading and writing and though I had tons of rejections I never gave up. Finally I got a short story published and the rest is history, as they say. I recently finished an erotic fantasy Knights of Excalibur. Finishing a prequel for a paranormal historical titled Soul Fire, due out this fall and a Christmas anthology which will be ready by September.

    If you have any questions for me just comment. Thanks again for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your newest release! I have not had a chance to read this series, but you have definitely caught my interest! How many books are you planning for this series?

    susanmplatt AT Hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are seven in this series, not including the novellas, like this one. All my Enforcers have a story to tell and I'm happy to write it.

      Delete
  4. Shannon dangles a carrot and I come running! I finished this book last night and I am officially hook on this series! I love that it is in Vegas and being SMOKIN HOT doesn't hurt either and I am not referring to the weather.

    You Rocked it out Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my super secret alter ego (Vickie Ann)

      Delete
    2. Lol! well super secret Vickie/Anallee. You made my whole day. So excited you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Here is my favorite excerpt from the book Dark Passion Rising. The first in the series I'm giving to someone :) Enjoy.

    Marcus liked her toughness, finding it remarkably refreshing.
    Her strength was impressive, not many could make it through the
    beginning stages of the change when turning from human to Were,
    yet she had fought through it. She had overcome it all, despite how
    badly she had been injured.
    He used his most reasonable tone to calm her, knowing that
    the next few minutes was crucial to keeping her receptive to what he
    had to say. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, making his
    tone as calm as he could manage. “At this time the only thing we
    need to focus on is your change. You are not out of the woods as of
    yet. There are too many things that could go wrong.”
    Her eyes widened in horror as she took a shaky step
    backward.
    “Oh, God. This isn’t happening. It can’t be real. Werewolves
    don’t exist.”
    “Believe me, they do exist. Denying what you have seen will
    be foolish and dangerous, for you and everyone you’re around.”
    “No. I don’t believe this. I won’t believe it. There has to be
    some logical explanation for what I saw.” The sharp edge of hysteria
    rose in her voice. “I will not turn into a dog. I don’t even like dogs.”
    That made him smile despite the seriousness of the situation.
    She was absolutely adorable and he was in deep shit because of it.
    Yet, he couldn’t seem to make himself care. “Wolf, not dog. You
    were bitten by a Lycan, not Lassie.”
    “Ha, ha, laugh it up big guy. You don’t have to worry about
    fleas.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new release!!!

    Do you know going into a series how many books there will be?

    Shared FB

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, I have a basic idea when I finish the first book. I'm not sure who will be next until I start the peliminary work for the next book who it will be, that is usually. For the second book Passion's Flight Tegan came through loud and clear. I was going with someone else, but he would have none of it Lol! Contrary cat shifter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Booklover Sue is the winner of my autographed print book Dark Passion Rising. Congrats Sue and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete