Monday, July 19, 2010

Celebrating Cassie Stevens' New Contemporary Gay Romance

Today we are celebrating a new Amber Allure release from bestselling gay erotica author Cassie Stevens. Cassie gets to the heart of the matter in her m/m erotic romances. Readers will find deep emotions and sizzling sensuality seamlessly woven into stories that always promise a happy-ever-after.

Learn More About Cassie Stevens On Her WEBSITE

SAVE ME FROM MYSELF by Cassie Stevens

Reid Hansen has always had a "thing" for Marines. But not for former Marine, now up and coming fashion designer, Jackson Tate. In fact, Reid would rather see Jackson dead.

Jackson Tate has more success than he'd ever imagined, and all the stress that goes with it. Who better to help pull him back from the edge than Reid Hansen? But his fateful and unexpected presence in Jackson's life resurrects the ghost of the Marine Reid once loved, the Marine Jackson served with, the Marine who died saving Jackson's life, and it's quite clear that Reid has no intention of offering Jackson the salvation he seeks. In fact, it seems Reid would rather deliver that final shove that destroys him.

Jackson is the last man Reid wants to meet. Their lives first intersected on an Iraqi desert years before. Now, finally face-to-face, resentment, anger, and guilt put them at odds. Grief and the truth bind them. And then there's the unrelenting want fueling their actions. A craving neither can deny.

Yes, Reid's the one man who could save Jackson from himself. But who is saving whom?

BUY THE BOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Cassie a comment or question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat to win the download of your choice from her backlist. Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner!

16 comments:

  1. Super congrats on the new release Cassie!!! This sounds really heartwarming. You've written several books about soldiers and the military, are they connected in some way?

    I just read the excerpt and loved it!! Hope the new book is another bestseller for you!!!

    Enjoy your very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to give everyone a little background on one of the heroes of this story, Reid Hansen. Reid was one of those rich secondary characters who appealed to many readers. Heck, he appealed to me as well.

    I first introduced him in my Caitlyn Willows story, IF LOOKS COULD KILL. He was part of a foursome (m/m/m/f). I used him again in my Caitlyn Willows story, MAGIC MAN. When I realized I needed a lawyer for my Cassie Stevens story, COMMITTED, who else to bring in but Reid Hansen? He again appeared in my Cassie Stevens story, BETRAYED. And then once more (briefly) in my Caitlyn Willows story, SECRETS WE KEEP.

    I kept getting a surge of reader email about having a story for Reid. Of course, once I met Reid I knew he had to have a story for himself. I merely waited for the right story to come along. Finally, it did...as I was writing SECRETS WE KEEP. In that story I mentioned a clothing designer, Jackson Tate. I knew I'd found a man equal to Reid. A man whose story would interweave perfectly with what I wanted for Reid.

    So now I proudly present -- SAVE ME FROM MYSELF.

    :) Cassie Stevens
    www.cassiestevens.com

    (aka Caitlyn Willows www.caitlynwillows.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO CASSIE, THAT COVER S SMOKING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover and the book sounds great. After reading what you posted in the comments it sounds like I need to buy a few books to go along with this one. Do you need to read the other books first or will this story be okay to read before the others?

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very smoking! In fact, it didn't meet Facebook's rules for posting and so I had to delete it from my Cassie Stevens fan page. :)

    Cassie
    www.cassiestevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the newest release. I love the cover too. How could you not?? The blurb had me rushing to the excerpt to see what Reid problem was with Jackson.


    acm05@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit that the cover for Save Me From Myself got my attention. The excerpt was enough to tell me that I'm going to read this story. Thanks for the background on Reid.
    I would choose Secret Lovers PDF format.

    lenikaye@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is awesome! It sounds really intriguing. Good luck with the party! Your Addicted novel sounds kind of good.

    kakuchouakisame_19@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry -- Save Me From Myself is a stand alone story. You don't need to read the others to have this story mean something to you.

    I hope you enjoy it!

    Cassie
    www.cassiestevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new release Cassie!

    I'm a huge fan of your work and I can't wait to read this latest.

    *hugs*
    Anna
    s7anna@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is very eye-catching. Are there any characters in this story that might be in a future book of their own?

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Anna. It thrills me to know this.

    Joder - I kept Reid and Jackson in the forefront of this story. There aren't any characters that stand out or "sing" to me. Cabot Logan already has his own story in SECRETS WE KEEP (a Caitlyn Willows story).

    Cassie
    www.cassiestevens.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new release!!! The cover is absolutely HOT:) Loved the excerpt and can't wait to read the full story. Definitely going in my TBR pile.
    yadkny@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like reading stories about secondary characters that get their own spotlight.

    linze_e at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cassie, I know I'm late to the party, as usual, but have to say, Smokin' Hawt cover!!!
    And I'm heading out to get me some Reid and Jackson tonite!!

    ReplyDelete