Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating The Mass Market Re-issue Of Karen Kelley's Paranormal Romantic Comedy

Today we're celebrating the mass market re-release of Karen Kelley's DOUBLE DATING WITH THE DEAD!

Karen Kelley became very adept at how things worked in the publishing world. You write a book, you mail it off, you get rejected, you write another book. She did this for six years until one day she talked her husband into mailing her manuscript for her. She couldn't take one more look of pity from the postal workers. Being the loving husband that he is, he mailed Bachelor Party to Hilary Sares at Kensington to be considered for the Precious Gem line on a Tuesday. On Friday of that same week, Hilary called to offer a contract.

Currently Karen writes for the Brava Imprint with Kensington Publishing. Karen writes full-time, and collects junk which she fondly calls antiques. Her husband can still be talked into mailing her manuscripts and also helping with her publicity. She has two grown children, one son-in-law and three grandchildren and a very spoiled Pekinese. She loves sitting on the patio on a warm spring day and procrastinating about her approaching deadline(s).

VISIT WEBSITE

Between the sheets takes on new meaning when you’re… DOUBLE DATING WITH THE DEAD

HANDS OFF MY ASTRAL PLANE!

Psychic Selena James is having the kind of week that makes her happy to talk to the dead. First, famously skeptical (and sinfully sexy) writer, Trent Sanders, called her delusional on TV. Next, her outraged mother publicly challenged him to spend two weeks with Selena at the haunted Garvey Hotel. Now, if Selena can't prove ghosts exist, she'll answer to Trent's private wager: one night in his bed. It doesn't take any psychic abilities to know Trent could satisfy a woman's every fantasy. And she may find out very soon, if the two sex-starved ghosts in residence have their way...

Trent Sanders doesn't believe in anything he can't see, taste, or touch, and what he sees right now he would definitely enjoying tasting and touching. Selena James might be a bit kooky, but she's also blessed with a body that could certainly raise the dead, if not talk to them. She's even got a wicked sense of humor, like when she pinched his butt and insisted it wasn't her, but one of the "ghosts." Riiiiiight. But as things move from "haunted" to extremely hot, Trent's starting to believe the paranormal is a one-way - make that four-way - ticket to paradise...

BUY THE BOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT *** WATCH THE TRAILER





WIN - Leave Karen a question or comment today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for an autographed copy of her book MY FAVORITE PHANTOM. Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Release Day Karen!!!

    I love your books and being a HUGE fan of Ghost Hunters, this one sounds right up my alley. I never got the change to read it when it was first released so I'm really looking forward to reading it now!

    Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, Karen! Happy re-release day :) I think I missed this one the first go-round--definitely picking it up this time!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Release Day on your mass market book. I've never read anything by you, but my daughter had me preorder The Falcon Prince. She saw a blurb about it and said she wanted it.
    This book looks a fun read for the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot my e mail address.

    ainfinger@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone! And thanks so much for Buzzing my book, DeNita!!!! I love writing stories about opposites and you can't get anymore opposite than a psychic and a skeptic stuck in a vacant hotel with two sex-starved ghosts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy re-release day. I'm going to have to get my fave local bookstore to order this one. Looks too funny to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you are able to add just the right amount of humor to a story. Your timing is spot on. Are there any particular movies/comedians that have influenced you?

    lenikaye@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen congrats on your release your book sounds great I loved the excerpt and tht trailer was great!!!This is a must read for me .
    wanda flanagan
    flanagan@mebtel.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your re-release, Karen!!!
    I don't know how I missed your book the first time, but it's on my wishlist now!
    wish you all the best :)
    Ina

    inale87 at gmx dot at

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the re-release of Double Dating With The Dead!
    I missed this the first time around---it is now on my ToBuy list.

    kissinoak at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy release day!
    Double Dating with the Dead sounds fantastic!

    chey127 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this book and I loved it. It's one of my favorite books that I've read in a while.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Release Day! Do you ever do anything special on the days when you have a new release out? Out to eat, take your picture by your book at a favorite bookstore...anything like that to celebrate the moment?

    joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The book sounds hilarious! Congratulations on your release. Is this a book in a series?

    robin [at] intensewhisper [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the Re-issue of your book.You must be doing great.I wish i could get some of your books to read.Going to try to soon Hay maybe i will win one You never know.Thay look fun to read.
    sasluvbooks(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Release Day!! I'm very glad you persevered with your work.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do I celebrate?
    LOL Well, yesterday I wrote, dropped by here a few times, and wrote---ahhhhh, the life of a writer :) Okay, that said, we just got back from a mini vacation LOL Life is great, I celebrate each day :)

    ReplyDelete