Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Celebrating the Release of Book Two In C. Fern Cook's Wild Series

Today we're celebrating the release of the second book in C. Fern Cook's Wild Series - WILD JUSTICE.

Cook’s diverse law enforcement experience gives her a unique prospective on law enforcement personalities. Her experience covering such jobs as detention officer, patrol officer, crime scene tech and plain clothes undercover officer has given her the real life experience to put together real characters that are three dimensional. These kind of real life experiences show up in all her stories.

Many of the places described in Wild Series are set in Grand County, Colorado, where Fern worked as a patrol deputy. Aside from being a patrol deputy, Fern also processed many crime scenes as a crime-scene tech.

VISIT WEBSITE


In book #1 of C. Fern Cook's Wild Series, WILD EVOLUTION, Colorado rancher Dan Tucker's life is turned upside-down.

After surviving a mutant canine attack, Dan discovers the animal he killed is not a wild dog, but a man. To protect himself even though it was a self-defense killing, he covers up the murder.

With his quiet life as bachelor rancher transformed into a constant battle of wits to keep his deep, dark secret safe, Dan finds himself at odds with everyone, including his girlfriend and his former best friend - and most of all, himself.

In book #2 of the Wild Series, WILD JUSTICE, we find Dan worrying about keeping his nocturnal life a secret as his wedding gets closer. He soon discovers that's the least of his worries...

BUY THE BOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Fern a comment or question today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for an autographed copy of the book one in her Wild Series - WILD EVOLUTION! Be sure to leave your email address so we can contact you if you're the winner - Good Luck!

21 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new release Fern!!! I'm so excited to see Wild Justice come out!

    Tell us a little bit about this series. How many books do you see for it and will Dan be your main character through them all?

    Enjoy your party and celebrate!!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Fern! Congratulations on your continued success! I have read an excerpt from "Wild Evolution", and it is quite intriguing. Dan's life is changed forever by that fateful encounter. I would love to win a copy of the book and then follow up with the sequel.

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new release Fern! It looks like a very captivating story. What was your inspiration behind the story? What are some of your fave paranormal stories?

    Happy Reading
    Anna
    s7anna@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shifter stories Fern! Your character seems to not be adusting well to his new condition. Does he have any control over his actions when he's a wolf? And how gory is your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new release. It sounds like a great shifter story.


    ainfinger@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fern :D
    your book sounds very interesting, but the most fascinating part is the cover - it's gorgeous!!! who designed it?
    wish you all the best,
    Ina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Wild Evolution and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to read Wild Justice.

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Loved the excerpt.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great twist on a shifter tale. How did the story come to you? How many books do you see for this series?

    Good luck with the book and I'll be checking it out. Sounds like they really should be read in order, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I missed the party (no internet yesterday). But I wanted to chime in to let you know I loved WILD EVOLUTION and am looking forward to the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In book II, Dan and Angela get married. But there is trouble ahead and Dan loses his dream venture and has a problem adjusting to the loss.
    In the third book a new lead role will develop, you'll be able to see this at the end of of book II. I don't want to give to much away about the book but there is a least a third book planned for this series, at this time I working on this and plan to have the release of the third book of the Wild Series this fall, it will be titled 'Wild Legacy'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck Virginia. I hope you win, if you don't the price for Wild Evolution on Smashwords is only $1.99.

    ReplyDelete
  13. s7anna, my on my blog at Good Reads I wrote about my inspiration to the story. When I was a deputy in Grand County Colorado it use to bother me that most ranchers would like anything that crossed their property they did not like.
    I wanted to write a story about a rancher that shared his land with all creatures in including the wolf.
    This turned into a werewolf (skin-walker style) story. The hardest part of the story was the beginning, after that everything fell into line.
    My favorite skin-walker author is Tony Hillerman, I love all of his books. One my favorites paranormal was the 'Shadow Killer'. Right now I am reading 'Beautiful Creatures', I am sure that will turn out to be one of my favorites too, it really is well written.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, this event is something he hadn't planned for. We all have things that have happened to us that were out of our control and affected our lives dramatically. Sometimes this is a hard thing to come to grips with.
    He does have control in his werewolf form, but sometimes he lets his emotions over rule his good judgement.
    I think the story is moderate when it comes to gore, please read the review from Monster Librarian to tell you the gore factor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ina, the cover was a collaboration between my husband and me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea, I really wish I could be a shifter, I really, really wish it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Tracey, I have gotten some great reviews for the first release, you can see them all at Good Reads

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lauri Jo, the shifter part came about when I was doing research on werewolf folklore. There is a lot of werewolf folklore, I only touched the surface in my blog on Good Reads.
    I also like the fact about the skin walker is a Native American twist since my grandfather was from the Blackfoot tribe, there is no skin walker lore in the Blackfoot folklore though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Marybelle, I hope you get to read past the excerpt part.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I missed it too, I still have a real job whether I like it or not.
    I hope people check back to see my answers to their questions.
    Good luck to all.

    ReplyDelete