Monday, April 5, 2010

Celebrating The Release of Karen Kelley's THE JAGUAR PRINCE

Today we're celebrating the release of THE JAGUAR PRINCE by Karen Kelley!

Karen Kelley became very adept at how things worked in the publishing world. You write a book, you mail it off, you get rejected, you write another book. She did this for six years until one day she talked her husband into mailing her manuscript for her. She couldn't take one more look of pity from the postal workers. Being the loving husband that he is, he mailed Bachelor Party to Hilary Sares at Kensington to be considered for the Precious Gem line on a Tuesday. On Friday of that same week, Hilary called to offer a contract.

Currently Karen writes for the Brava Imprint with Kensington Publishing. Karen writes full-time, and collects junk which she fondly calls antiques. Her husband can still be talked into mailing her manuscripts and also helping with her publicity. She has two grown children, one son-in-law and three grandchildren and a very spoiled Pekinese. She loves sitting on the patio on a warm spring day and procrastinating about her approaching deadline(s).

VISIT WEBSITE

THE JAGUAR PRINCE by Karen Kelley

Zoo worker Callie Jordan knows something primal when she sees it: take, for instance, the naked man sitting at the foot of her bed. He's the same (naked) guy she saw after hours at the zoo. But now he's in her apartment, and just happens to have turned into a black-as-night jaguar. The average person would be in a blind panic; Callie certainly intends to be - once she finishes processing what this incredibly hot lunatic is telling her...

It seems Callie's visitor, the one who prefers skins to shirts, is Prince Rogar. From the planet of New Symtaria. Oh, and Callie is from the same place, has the same nifty shapeshifting powers, and is destined to be Rogar's lifemate! It figures the first hot guy ever to show a bit of interest turns out to be certifiable. Then again, Callie's seen Rogar's powers (plus some other choice things) firsthand - and testing her new roomie's powers of persuasion would be the ultimate walk on the wild side...

Order Now! - Kensington, B&N, Amazon, Borders, BAM, IndieBound.

READ THE EXCERPT *** WATCH THE TRAILER




WIN - Leave Karen a question or comment today at her Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for an autographed copy of a book from Karen's backlist and some author goodies. Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you're our winner - Good luck!


24 comments:

  1. Super congrats on the new book Karen!! It sounds so good - loved the excerpt and the trailer. Where did the idea for this one come from? It's a great mix of genres.

    I loved the one review that said it was a great paranormal take on the Cinderella story. What fun! Can't wait to read it!

    Enjoy your party and careful with the cyber punch, I got a little carried away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! I love to hear your family stories. You and your husband have a true partnership! The header for the book excerpt on your website is so cute: "Easy, big fella..." : )

    The excerpt is so well-written! I could see everything just as Callie was experiencing it at the time...I had her goose-bumps! The reviews are outstanding for "The Jaguar Prince" : ) Callie is a very special lady who deserves her own handsome prince!

    gcwhiskas at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one, I loved, loved, loved your Nerakians. I really enjoy shapeshifting stories and the fact that he is a black jaguar is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your book sounds awesome congrats on the new release! I have to say your book covers are always so hot! i agree your excerpt is awesome and well written so whats next for you after this book?


    mortalsinn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,

    big congrats to the newest release. I am so curious about the Jaguar Prince. Sounds like another keeper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone!

    LOL I often wonder where I get my ideas! But this one actually came from my editor at the time, Kate Duffy. She asked if I could write shapeshifting aliens and I told her, sure!

    I've always been a fan of Cinderella, but hadn't realized this was a Cinderella story until I saw the review--she was exactly right!

    Ahhhh, Virginia, that's so sweet. I'm glad you enjoyed looking around my site.

    Linda, arent black jags sexy? We think alike LOL

    Hi Sin! In Aug is The Falcon Prince and Nov The Wolf Prince. The books are all connected but stand alone.

    HI Danny! I hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your books and this one sounds great and is on my list to buy. I love all kinds of shifter stories. The excerpt was wonderful and makes me want more of the story.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new release and great cover.

    kolists a\t gmail d/t com

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on your new release; black jaquar- here kitty, kitty! Come to mama. Love it.

    yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so nice of you to say, Sherry. Thanks bunches!

    Karen in TN---Beautiful state, btw! I love this cover--very haunting. Not as crazy about The Falcon Prince cover, but I also have The Wolf Prince cover up on my site now---WOW!


    Hiya, Robyn! Oh, yes, I'd definitely adopt that cat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got The Jaguar Prince in the mail and have been telling everyone that they are going to love it. The scenes and characters are written so well that you can actually visualize what you are reading.

    lenikaye@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to checking out this book...it looks great. I really love to read shifter romances and I can't wait to read this one.

    hugs,
    Anna
    s7anna@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to it! I love parnormals and yours sounds right up my ally! ENjoy your success!

    dreabecraft520@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, oh Texas Queen of the hottest heroes! I love the cover for "The Jaguar Prince". How much input do you have into the cover art? And, do you plan out a whole series before you write the first book? I can't wait to read this one!
    You are the best!
    Debbi aka smarthotblondie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Leni, your comments made my day! I love getting lost in a story---especially when I'm writing it.

    Thanks so much, Anna. You'll have to let me know what you think about it

    Thanks, Andrea! I've always been fascinated with the paranormal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat to see you here, Kelly. Congratualtions on your release, and as always, I very much enjoy your books. I'm looking forward to this paranormal shape-shifting Cinderella story that will have tons of humor, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to reading The Jaguar Prince.
    Is your Pekingese the first one you've owned? I have had 3 and loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new release. The Jaguar Prince looks wonderful. I can't wait to read it.

    marypres@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Drat, computer problems then I was going to edit my post and wiped it out. I am so not a tech person! Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments.

    Sukie, our spoiled brat Pekinese makes her debut in The Falcon Prince. Karl spoiled her, not me. Don't let him tell you anything different :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, Karen--I've been reading about Jaguar Prince and it sounds fabulous! Congrats, and looking forward to picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm hooked....I love stories about Lifemates!!! And this sounds awesome!!! Congrats Karen!!!
    mitzihinkey at sbcglobal dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the newest release.
    Love shifters and this one made it on my TBB list as soon as I heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen, congratulations on the release of The JUGUAR PRINCE! You're books are known to have a touch of humor in them, should I expect the same in this one?

    ReplyDelete
  24. HI again! Thanks to everyone who dropped by and left such wonderful good-for-the-ego comments. LOL

    Humor--YES. I don't think I could ever write a book without putting at least one funny in it. The Symtarian books have quite a few, actually.

    I hope everyone enjoys the new books! Best of wishes to you all!

    ReplyDelete