Monday, March 21, 2011

A Hot New Romantic Suspense From Tim Smith

Today we are celebrating the release of THE BUNDLE, a hot new romantic suspense from author Tim Smith and eXtasy Books.


Tim is the author of five novels, including two contemporary romantic comedies with eXtasy Books. His first three adventure novels have won critical acclaim and several awards. He is also a freelance photographer and works in Dayton, Ohio as a case manager for adults with special needs. When he isn't devoting time to writing, you can find him in The Florida Keys, doing research in between parasailing and seeking out the perfect Pina Colada.

VISIT WEBSITE


THE BUNDLE - A Vic Fallon Mystery by Tim Smith

Vic Fallon had little use for the rich and famous when he was a police detective and his attitude hasn't changed since he was forced to turn in his badge. When pop singer Kimberly Daniels returns to her hometown of Cleveland, Ohio to promote her latest album, Vic reluctantly agrees to be her bodyguard as a favor for a friend. He isn't told that she has a death threat hanging over her head, with no shortage of suspects.

The set-up takes a bizarre twist when her stalker shows up and Vic uncovers a family secret Kimberly would like to keep hidden. Things get more complex when they develop a strong attraction for each other, in spite of their different lifestyles. Can Vic ensure Kimberly's safety until she returns to LA? Will Kimberly decide to ditch her glitzy celebrity life and stay with the rugged ex-cop she's fallen for?

BUY THE eBOOK *** READ THE EXCERPT

WIN - Leave Tim a question today at his Cyber Launch Party and your name goes in the hat for a ebook copy of his erotic romance, MISTLETOE AND PALM TREES. Please leave your email address so we can contact you if you are today's winner - Good Luck!

11 comments:

  1. Good Morning Tim and super congrats on the new release! LOVE the cover, btw! And I love romantic suspense and can't wait to read your new book!

    Tell us a bit about Vic Fallon and will we be seeing more of him? How will the books connect?

    And does your new release have a happily ever after or a happy for now ending?

    Best of luck with the new release and with your new Vic Fallon Mystery series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have been checking out the Florida Keys for a vacation. Any suggestions on great areas to stay and activities? On the map, it looks so small but our research indicates that from top to bottom there is too much to choose from. You are a new author to me and I really enjoyed reading your excerpt. I will check out your other titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blurb! Sounds thrilling.
    Liz Arnold
    Message to Love
    The Wild Rose Press

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, congratulations on the new release. "A Vic Fallon Mystery" makes it sound like this is going to be a new series (so does the entry at Extasy). Is Vic possibly finding the right lady or will he be getting a new gal pal in every book kind of like those 70's suspense books? Or is that TMI???

    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new release! How did you come up with your characters names?
    greenduckie13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Tim.

    I just checked out your site and your works sound great; I look forward in reading them.

    I also like your book covers. Do you work with one particular cover artist?

    Thanks,
    Tracey D
    booklover0226 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new release!
    Why Cleveland, OH.?

    kissinoak at frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the wonderful reponses and questions! I'll try to answer them in order.

    This is the first in s series, and Vic Fallon will be the main recurring character. This is a lot like the 60's-70's private eye shows, with a different heroine in each one. Back then you couldn't show what happened when they broke for commercials, but now...This one has a happy-for-now ending.

    Jen, you could spend a month in the Keys and not see everything. I generally stay around Key Largo or Islamorada, but Key West is fun for a day trip.

    I dreamed up the name Vic Fallon from a composite of two characters in one of my favorite movies, "White Heat" with Jimmy Cagney. The character of Pasta Ravetti was inspired by someone I met in The Keys named Pasta who owns a restaurant.

    I work with one of 2 cover designers at Extasy, and they do wonderful work. The covers for the three print novels on my site were my photographs, BTW.

    I chose Cleveland as part of the setting because I grew up around there. During a long weekend on Put-in-Bay a couple of years ago, I realized I could set a romantic suspense on Lake Erie and make it just as atmospheric as my Keys-based adventures (much of the action takes place in Sandusky, on the lake).

    I hope you enjoy my new book!

    Tim Smith

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great. What inspired you to write romance/erotica?

    Patricia
    panthers.ravens@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patricia, I had included some romance and sex in my thrillers, but when I explored the erotic romance market I found I could include more of each and tell a better story. Also, at the time I released the first one,"Anywhere the Heart Goes," I wanted to reach a bigger audience. This seemed the best way to accomplish that.

    Tim Smith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love romantic suspense and this reminds me of the movie The Bodyguard...but with all the juicy parts included and a happier ending. That I like!

    I enjoy reading erotic romance written from the male's perspective and I liked the excerpt, so I'll be checking out your book for sure.

    Good luck with the new book!

    ReplyDelete