Friday, September 13, 2013

Celebrating A Romantic Thriller From Lynn Rae and Sweet Cravings Publishing

All day today on our Cyber Launch Party Blog, we're celebrating Lynn Rae's first release, a thrilling romantic suspense with Sweet Cravings Publishing.

BENT BOOT ROAD by Lynn Rae

Lydia Back has problems; a dead end job cataloging artifacts no one wants to see, an office in a dusty basement storage room, and she’s just discovered that her friend is missing. Adding to her frustration is the arrival of a too charming private investigator who needs her help.

Carter Harris has no problems; he has his own successful business and is enjoying a few days in a scenic southern Ohio town to gather information on a missing professor. But his local contact turns out to be an uncooperative woman who prefers traipsing around in the forest to having a civilized conversation with him.

Together, they begin to uncover some of the secrets that lurk under the surface of other people’s lives and to appreciate each other’s abilities. When danger threatens, both Carter and Lydia realize it will be impossible to survive alone.


BUY THE BOOK   ***   BUY THE eBOOK   ***   BUY IN KINDLE   ***   READ THE EXCERPT

With professional experience ranging from contract archeology to librarianship along with making donuts and teaching museum studies, sweet and spice romance author Lynn Rae enjoys incorporating her real-life adventures into her writing (except the naughty bits).

There have been a lot of twists and turns on Lynn's path to becoming an author and, if you follow her blog, she will allow the story to unfold there. But first a few facts about how her books came to be.

-Lynn saw Romancing the Stone at an impressionable age (and yes, some day she will get to Cartagena)

-Lynn wrote a lot of non-fiction in her professional life

-Lynn decided to see if she could write a fiction book after going through a stressful summer in 2011

-Lynn did write a book (more than one)

-Lynn decided to attend a writing conference in the fall of 2012

-While at the conference, Lynn pitched some of her stories to industry people

-Editors politely requested to read her stuff and one of them said YES

WEBSITE   ***   FACEBOOK   ***    BLOG

WIN - Leave Lynn a comment today and your name goes in the have of a copy of her first book and a stress ball (who couldn't use one of those?)!  Please leave your email address so Lynn can contact you if you are today's winner!

There's more fun and other chances to win over on at our Facebook event - Check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to AuthorIsland Lynn and super congrats on your debut novel with SCP!

    First of all, I'd like to say, I'm right there with you - big fan of Romancing the Stone and Joan Wilder! If you get to Cartagena, send pictures!

    Please tell us all about your debut novel and a bit about your road to publication! I love finding new authors and hearing about how they broke into this crazy business :)

    Very happy to have you with us today, enjoy your Party here and over on Facebook! And here's to many, many sales for BENT BOOT ROAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I have a pretty strange story when it comes to being published. I never wrote fiction until about two years ago. Professionally, I wrote lots of non-fiction, but the idea of making stuff up and not having footnotes was never something that crossed my mind.
    The summer of 2011 was a rough one for our family, and when my son went to preschool that fall, I decided I'd use those couple of hours of free time a day for something more creative than laundry or cleaning. I started writing.
    In the fall of 2012, a year after I'd started, I attended my first RWA chapter workshop and on a whim pitched to editors. My second-ever pitch resulted in a contract from Sweet Cravings Publishing and that book was Bent Boot Road.
    I'm still writing every day and love creating characters and putting them in stressful situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Did you go on any archeological digs?

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. BENT BOOT ROAD sounds exciting. I can imagine your different professions would provide material & expertise for your writing.

    If you are looking for someone to carry your bags when you do make it to Cartagena I'm available. ROMANCING THE STONE is a fun movie.

    All the best with your writing. Finding great debut authors is like finding treasure.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi bn110! Yes, I certainly did, both as a student and as a pro. I drifted into museum work because I started to miss flush toilets.

    Hi Mary Preston! I guess I've been lucky to have worked a lot of out of the ordinary jobs. It looks weird on my resume, but I've had some amazing experiences too. And yes, whenever I hit it big, I'm going to Cartagena and buying a small emerald. No pursuit by a homicidal Director of Antiquities for me!

    ReplyDelete